Friday, November 22, 2013

My CHURCH TUB



Hope Church has helped me put together what I call my 'Church Tub'.  Everything we store in the basement of the RV will be in labeled clear plastic tubs. Off season clothes (winter- yes, some cold weather gear), beach and camp stuff, tools, etc. But the church tub will be special.

10 Bibles, 10 UMC Hymnals & 10 Praise music books along with some small group supplies and a couple reference books.  Why? Because no one in Christian Ministry, which means no one who calls them self a Christian, ever retires from this vo, or avo, cation.

We have no idea how, or even if, such a TUB will be used, but we think God will want us to be ready just in case.  I will have business cards printed up next year announcing me as a retired Associate Clergy Member of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference, United Methodist Church. One of those, and $1.79, will get me a medium coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

-Ken & Mona


No comments:

Post a Comment