Saturday, February 22, 2014

I screamed like a Girl


On Thursday morning I screamed like a girl; in labor, so my wife says, on and off for 4 hours.  I was ashamed to be screaming, but like the woman above, the pain of a dislocated shoulder, until it is re-positioned, is... indescribable. Three different maximum pain killers, including morphine, and I was still praying and more than groaning when I went under anesthetic for the procedure. And when I woke up, the pain was... gone.

I'm improving a little daily, though I have some nerve damage I'm getting looked at next week. But an interesting question has been posed since my fall on our driveway's black ice.  What will we do when we are in the middle of the Canadian Tundra, literally a hundred miles or more from the next human being, and I fall again, or fall headfirst into the battery compartment setting up our outdoor TV (our cell reception power boosters will get us Netflix, we are told, on the Tundra), or Mona receives a massive paper cut from one of her sharply written crime thrillers? What will we do?  We'll turn to Good Sam.

For $80.00 a year, only a bit more than we pay now for Southern Berks County EMS, we have complete worldwide coverage for ambulance, RV return to base location, passenger accommodations till home, and, if needed, air ambulance transport to the nearest qualified facility.



Worldwide.  For $80.00 for both of us.  For a year.  I'd pay twice that for the helicopter ride any time!

If I didn't have to be screaming in pain all during the ride.

But them I did get the sirens when the EMT's took me to Pottstown Hospital on Thursday, so that was cool.

-Ken



















1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling less pain, Ken. Hopefully, more answers this week. As for "Good Sam" - wow! What a great service to have available! :)

    ReplyDelete