Friday, June 6, 2014

The first, and the last MOWING

It was in Spring of 1972 that Mom and Dad Snyder moved out of their cozy Koser Road, Lititz PA home and allowed us to move in. It was in 1972 that I mowed my first OWN (rented) yard with our old but reliable Hahn Eclipse cast deck electric start (which never worked) 22" power push. 1 hour, start to finish.












It was today that I mowed our lawn on Holly Drive,
Douglassville PA, for the last time with my Ace Hardware 19" power drive pull start (which has always worked). 1 hour start to finish. Technology moves forward!

Now, Lord willing, I'm done with yard work.. Except as a mission project for someone in need, or for us if our fixed income needs some help from a grounds keeping position (Please pray it ain't ever so!)

But you never know what tomorrow may bring.  Rain or sun on your parade, almonds or ants in your chocolates.  So lets take each day as it comes, each for the other, and all for the Lord.

PS:  My really truly first lawn mowing job started in about 1958 on Twentyninth Street in Harrisburg PA.  Two postage stamps we called lawns, front and back about which I complained every Saturday were too big for this little fella to take on.  Well, I did only have a non-power, 17" reel mower with sometimes dull blades.  But back in those days we were real MEN, weren't we??


No pics of the reel mower.  I can't handle the memories.

-Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment